Want to learn what the "words" of Easter really mean and create a project that you can use for years to come? Then this project is for you. It is easy, beginners level.
For a traveler's journal or notebook and can fit on a small tag booklet or #8 size tag booklet. Print and add in stamped images, paper and embellishments.
A Keep the Faith Project for the whole family. This file contains leaves and bible verses and directions. You will be able to create a 6 foot garland. Create leaf cut outs (blanks are provided) from scrapbook paper, old book pages or old hymnal pages— use a basic hole punch on all items to hang- tie on yarn or ribbon- space evenly on strand and tie on. Tear or cut out Bible verses (included) add Distress ink to edges, mount on cardstock or scrapbook paper— space evenly and tie on yarn strand. Using #8 manila tags (available at https://www.xpresstags.com/manila-tags ) or 3 1/4” by 6 1”4 manila tags- add photos of children, grandchildren and family members. Remember to date photo tags. Can add stamps, blessing lists, etc to back of tag. Space evenly and tie on strand with ribbon or yarn. Use your stash like Brads, buttons, and small embellishments can be added to all tags. Young children can also add art to tags to make this a family project. Use assorted smaller tags for blessing lists, or as decorated tags.
Be creative and make this Keep the Faith project special for your family! Each year you can add updated photos and blessings.
ADVENT-urous TAGS project
adapted with $1 Store Playing Cards
by Connie Denninger
If you would like to adapt the ADVENT-urous Tags Project for in home/family setting, it is very easy to do.
• Use a JUMBO size playing card set from the Dollar Store- approx. 5 by 7 inch size.
• Gather old Christmas cards and trim them to fit the back side of the playing cards- attach with double-sided sticky tape.
• Use one playing card for each question. The front of the first playing card can have the ADVENT-urous tag logo.
• The first question can be added to the back of the title card.
• So with a deck of cards and using 25 cards for this project- a deck will make 2 sets of ADVENT-urous Advent questions for families.
• Tear out the questions from the ADVENT-urous tag handout- add Distress Ink to the edges.
• Match the question with the picture on the Christmas card that might be appropriate- (not necessary but helps young children).
• If is is necessary to cover other words on the card- the questions can be mounted on coordinated Scrapbook paper.
• Can add larger numbers to the playing cards- Alpha stickers or stamps.
• Assemble cards in numerical order.
• Punch a hole in top left hand corner of each card. It helps to be aware of this as you place the question on the card.
• Use a book ring or O ring (1 3/4 “) to gather cards together. Attach ring.
• Add fibers and ribbons to O ring for decoration.
• Enjoy the family discussion using the questions. Can use one a day or at family devotion times and “pick a number”.
• Questions are to be answered by ALL family members. Blessed ADVENT!!!