What is a Visual faith coach?
VF coaches share their own story and are willing to listen and walk beside at least one other person to encourage them in their spiritual formation journey. They are willing to try new ministry setting opportunities to gain skills in presenting and demonstrating. They are committed to learn about spiritual formation processes and continue to grow themselves, while they walk with others. A VF coach is a person who has been developing their own habits of visual faith, such as Bible Journaling, faith planner, visual prayer, gratitude journals, etc. A visual faith coach has been in a discipling relationship to learn the basic concepts of Visual Faith tools, and desires to share the journey with others. Visual Faith coaches are always learning and range from beginner to seasoned practitioners in skill and experience settings.
Qualities of a visual faith coach
- has endorsement of skill and experience in teaching others
- is familiar with Visual Faith practices, knowledge and practices visual faith as a personal spiritual discipline
- has a commitment to support and encourage others in online communities
- has a prayer heart to cover any event in prayer
- will share an event invite to appropriate online Visual Faith FaceBook communities
- is "on the journey" and learning but willing to share "the story" to bring encouragement to others
- works to coordinate and tailor a Visual Faith event to meet the needs of the event planning team
- seeks coaching from other experienced Visual Faith coaches to bring the best resources to an event experience
- may have a certain "niche" or area of expertise and not necessarily experience or knowledge in all Visual Faith practices
- sees Visual Faith coaching as ministry to others first
how to choose a Visual faith coach
Visual Faith coaches may be paired up with events, workshops and retreats depending on their own desires and availability to serve. Visual Faith Ministries is willing to connect coaches in geographical areas, but is not responsible for any of the arrangements made with church, school or event sites. There is a helpful document about Hosting a Visual Faith event, but each coach is responsible for setting reimbursement and care guidelines.