So just what is Visual Faith?
- gathers processes and reminders of faith that tell part of the story for followers of Jesus.
- reminds us that we are made in the image of a creative God.
- honors His creative sanctification of believers on a daily basis.
- is the basic process of bringing together our great gifts of prayer and His Word.
- adds visual, kinesthetic, and tactile adaptations that make meaning for us in our daily lives.
- helps to answer the question- What does this mean for me?
- may include graphic displays and text that cement words of hope in beautiful transformative ways.
- unites a practical theology- the study of God, as it is lived out in our own lives and experiences.
- is the language of faith-discipling words that become part of faith-life living.
- can be small, tactile remembrances of God's dramatic intersection in our lives.
- may honor Faith Milestones that become future celebrations.
- can be a project that becomes a witness to family, friends, neighbors, and the world- of God's gracious faithfulness to us.
- is the intentional process of using reminders of faith and Scripture in our prayer life.
- includes teaching methods and tools to instill words of prayer in our families.
- allows the connections to be personal and in story-telling form.
- helps us to SEE the connections to understand the truth about God.
- is the intentional placement of God's Word in front of us in our homes so that we may See and Remember.
- deals with the diagnosis we all have of spiritual amnesia- and forgetting God's faithfulness to us.
- gathers the STORY of our faith journey-along the way and documents "markers" in our spiritual formation.
- is the response to conversations with families for helpful tools to teach "faith culture."
- meets families right where they are-in safe harbors.
- is a way to lift up people to the Lord in prayer.
- helps us to remember who we are praying for in our daily walk.
- is a way to bless others in our lives with the images that bring prayer to the center of our lives.
- can be the margins of our Bibles where God's Word meets the world of our lives
- is an intentional plan to pay attention to our daily gifts, to create hearts of gratitude.
- can be the journaling of prayers, Bible Study, and sermon notes.
- is connecting our response to God's text message to us.
- the centering of the growing relationship we are blessed to experience in prayer and time in His Word.
- is our ongoing spiritual formation,worked out by the Holy Spirit in an Individual Education Plan.
- is the journey of our Heavenly Father turning the broken into the beautiful.
- is our witness of this renewing process that is covered in Grace.